Case study #5

Κορυφαία εταιρεία που δραστηριοποιείται στο λιανεμπόριο, η οποία πρόσφατα μπήκε στην κυπριακή αγορά με δύο καταστήματα (Λεμεσό & Λευκωσία), επέλεξε την εταιρεία Diapo – μέλος του ομίλου FDL GROUP – για την αποθήκευση και διανομή των προϊόντων της στο νησί, αλλά και για την εξυπηρέτηση των πελατών B2C με τη μορφή διανομής και παράδοσης D2D. Διανομή door to door (D2D) Η διανομή D2D αφορά…

Details

5 Best Practices of Workforce Planners

In a study done earlier this year by APQC that looked into workforce planning processes, the organization found that while the majority of organizations (89%) have integrated workforce planning with business planning it’s not always successful. While 54% of organizations report that their workforce planning is highly effective, the remaining 46% report it is moderately or less…

Details

Screening Suppliers For Human Rights & Environmental Abuses

Germany is set to force companies to screen suppliers for environmental violations and human-rights abuses, such as illegal mining and child labor…Under the bill, any company based in Germany with 3,000 employees or more has two years to set up compliance procedures to monitor and stop abuses within its supply chains. They must also create…

Details

Supply Chain Visibility & Automation: Creating A Truly Touchless Order

The quest to achieve end-to-end supply chain visibility continues to get more difficult as supply chains become increasingly globalized and fragmented. Fortunately, advancements in technology are helping companies to overcome these challenges and automate their processes. What hurdles still remain? Why is changing the status quo so important? How can technology help? What are the…

Details

Case study #4: Έργο cross docking & αποθήκευσης

Ο όμιλος FDL, επέκτεινε τη συνεργασία της με μεγάλο retailer ο οποίος δραστηριοποιείται στον χώρο της λιανικής και χονδρικής, αναλαμβάνοντας, εκτός από το έργο του Cross Docking, το έργο αποθήκευσης και μεταφοράς ξηρού φορτίου. Καταφέραμε να δώσουμε μία επιτυχημένη λύση με την ενοποίηση των δυο έργων cross docking και αποθήκευσης, στην νεόδμητη ιδιόκτητη εγκατάσταση 12.000…

Details

3PL vs 4PL: How to Know Which One is Right for You

Learning the difference between third party logistics (3PL) and fourth-party logistics (4PL), as well as 1PL and 2PL, and the rise of even fifth-party logistics (5PLs) is becoming increasingly sophisticated and valuable for driving successful supply chain operations. They all involve a degree of outsourcing transportation functions, whether that’s supply chain cybersecurity management or white glove services, and technically, all…

Details